Sunday, March 1, 2020

Costume, Probs, Audio, Mise en Scene


Ok, so now that I've created and developed my story and the characters that will be presented on it, I am following more research and getting ready all of what will be shown in the screen when I make my production

Costume design

For the costume design for the character of Michael, I've decided that he will wear a daily working suit. Something that will be difficult for the actor to use since the opening will be filmed in a beach with a lot of heat. But it will serve to give the audience the idea of who the character is. The suit may give the idea of elegance and worker, but his appearance may also show the opposite as not caring and just trashy. This are some examples of what I'm trying to portray:

Image result for adam sandler uncut gems bloody
Adam Sandler in Uncut Gems (2019)
Image result for ryan gosling the nice guys
Ryan Gosling in The Nice Guys (2016)

Props

Some of the props that I'll use for the production include:

- Empty whiskey bottle
- Cigarettes
- A car (the whole car will not be shown, only windshield)
- Police tickets
- A cell phone
- Pills
- Lighter

All of these will be necessary for the story to make sense and will have a lot of importance to show some elements about the character. 

Audio

For the audio, I have to work in some elements like for example; sound editing, foley stage and getting a good soundtrack. For the foley; I have to record original sounds of the beach ambience, this includes, the waves, sand, and background people. I also need to record a lighter, pills in a small capsule, and other small background elements. 

For the soundtrack, I have some songs that I am still undecided to get the license of them. These include:

- Do I Wanna Know? by Arctic Monkeys
-  Howlin' For You by The Black Keys
- Ain't no rest for the wicked by Cage The Elephant
- Girl Is On My Mind by The Black Keys

If I cannot get the license of my desired song, then I will get a song that has free license ownership, or pay for one in a webpage where these songs can be found. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

After a lot of hours of editing, here it is my CCR about my film opening: Payday Thank you very much and hope you enjoy