Saturday, February 22, 2020

Developing the ideas!


I've already started to develop some ideas about my project with the genre that I already described in a previous post but I would also like to add a the sub-genre of TRAGIC-COMEDY. This type of genre blends aspects about tragedy and comical forms. A lot of relevant and award winning movies from the last decade have used this type of genre to make their stories and engage the audience with the idea that anything can happen in these films.

Some examples include:

Kang-ho Song, Ik-han Jung, Hyun-jun Jung, Joo-hyung Lee, Ji-hye Lee, Sun-kyun Lee, Yeo-jeong Jo, Myeong-hoon Park, Keun-rok Park, Hye-jin Jang, Woo-sik Choi, Seo-joon Park, So-dam Park, Jeong-eun Lee, and Ji-so Jung in Gisaengchung (2019)    Sam Rockwell, Taika Waititi, Scarlett Johansson, Stephen Merchant, Alfie Allen, Rebel Wilson, Thomasin McKenzie, and Roman Griffin Davis in Jojo Rabbit (2019)      Adam Sandler in Uncut Gems (2019)     Little Miss Sunshine (2006)

My #1 idea of the story that I'm trying to develop is:

A criminal-drama about a young 22 year old alcoholic named Michael that is trying to do anything to be successful in life but doesn't seem to achieve any objective that he tries to get involved with. After getting involved in some bad business, Michael must face his worst fears to survive in the dangerous city. My opening idea, will mostly establish the character to get a sense of connection with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

After a lot of hours of editing, here it is my CCR about my film opening: Payday Thank you very much and hope you enjoy