Monday, February 17, 2020

And. Here. We. Go!

Image result for and here we go gif



MEDIA STUDIES PORTFOLIO PROJECT


This will be my first major project of what will potentially lead to help me learn, create and participate on what will help me on my future career selected in possibly the film industry. This class is the only one I've been more focused in school and I really want to work on this really passionate and hoping I will make a really great job. I will not comfort with just good, I want to make it great.

Opening a film

The opening of a film is essentially of the most important pieces in the creation of a new production for the audience. It is the first statement of the film to attract the audience and by making them want to keep watching. For it, the opening needs a series of elements for making it unique and innovative. Some of them are:

- Establishing a setting
- A background
- A character (sometimes)
- Foreshadowing

And many more.

Selecting a genre

I am still on the brainstorming decision of the plot story of my opening scene. But I believe that I have already selected the genre, which is DRAMA - CRIMINAL DRAMA. I've selected this genre because it is one of my favorites genres in a movie of how a story is developed and unfold with every single characteristic and minor detail being very important in the plotline. Everything matters!

Character:
  • The character in a crime drama can typically include; a suspect, a criminal, a villain, a detective and such. 
  • Mostly male characters
  • Minor characters in this type of genre are stereotypical
Setting:
  • Modern crime fiction that uses everyday locations
  • Setting is depicted in detail to describe the atmosphere
Themes:
  • Danger
  • Crime
  • Thriller
  • Mystery 
  • Justice
  • Power
  • Morality
Image result for wolf of wall street
THE WOLF OF WALL STREET - MARTIN SCORSESE

Image result for se7en 
SE7EN - DAVID FINCHER




 











No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

After a lot of hours of editing, here it is my CCR about my film opening: Payday Thank you very much and hope you enjoy